Saturday, November 2, 2013

LA Movie Review- Fruitavle Station



This true story takes a look at the final day in the life of Oscar Grant & the injustice that took place. This is the toughest film I have ever had to review. It's tragically real subject matter would have been hard enough but the acting makes it even more so. It felt like a documentary & that is the biggest compliment I could give to the cast & crew. This film is carried by 26 year old, Michael B. Jordan who deserves serious consideration for a Best Actor nomination. Writer/director Ryan Coogler creates an emotional, somber, & raw first film. I don't know that this movie would have worked without him because his style is very different & almost natural. He himself should get a writing & directing nomination from the Academy. Oscar Grant's story is powerfully moving & disturbing. While this film is very well acted & directed, it is very depressing. I can't recommend it. I can however reward it for being one of the finest of 2013, although it isn't something I'd want to watch again.
4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment